Sunday, January 25, 2009

Too Error is Human...to ARR is Pirate

Last night Bonnie, Roger and I, had a frightening encounter with a game called Loot. It is kind of a glorified WAR. With Pirates. I started getting really grouchy, because I was loosing mainly, and decided that it was time to introduce some new characters into our game. Please let me introduce you to ...
Drago
"Captain" Red Blade
and

Michele..the"happy" French pirate.

Once they showed up, there were a lot more surprises. As you can tell by the look on Michele's face, it was a lot of fun.

In other news...the HOME STUDY. I know that I said I wasn't going to freak out, and I didn't. I just made sure that the floors were mopped, and the toilet was clean...I promise I didn't go crazy. And it turned out that I didn't need to.


Our Social Worker's name is Theadora ( think that sounds like a cool Harry Potter name) she goes by Thea. She's super nice. Good thing because we had to talk to her about some kind of personal stuff. We went over the big long questionnaire thing. It was actually kind of fun. But unfortunately, we (mainly I) talked too much and we weren't able to get done, so we have another appointment. I think a week from today. We are really lucky that she is so great.


As for the home part of the home study, all she did was walk around and ask if we had a fire extinguisher. It was kind of like, giving your friend a tour of your home. So if you need to go through a home study. Don't sweat it.

ARRR!

2 comments:

Kitty said...

"Ahoy, me hearties!"

I'm so happy that the home study went well. I'm more excited that it was a stress free friendly time.

I wish I could have been at your dress up party. I suck at playing games but I love to dress up. I think my pirate name would be Busty Kitty Kat Snap. I'm just sayin'

love you

Deja said...

I really hope you guys wore your pirate costumes for the Home Study. If not, maybe for the next one? I'm positive that will make a really good impression. At least, I'm impressed.